How to Participate:
- Register for a consignor number, choose a drop-off appointment, and select a volunteer shift (optional).
- Price, tag and prep your items.
- Print tags and pin or tape them securely to your items.
- Drop-off your items at the sale
- Pick-up your unsold items or allow them to be donated to charity, that is if you have any unsold items.
- Cash your check which will be mailed to you within 10 daysof the sale.
Why sell with Polka Tot?
- High Profits: Consignors (sellers) earn up to 70% of every item sold, the highest percentage of any local consignment sale. Plus, you set your prices.
- Quick Turn-around: Clean out and earn cash in a week! Your earnings check is often ready at item pick up and/or is mailed to you within 10 days of the sale. There is a low $8.50 consignor fee that is required at registration.
- Best Way to Sell: There’s no garage sale hassle, emails back and forth, pictures to take or shipping to deal with. We also market the heck out of our sales to ensure shoppers are aplenty and your items sell.
- Options for your unsold items – If you have any unsold items at the end of the sale, you have the option to pick them up or have us donate them to a local charity.
- Easy Tagging & Tracking: You will register and create price tags for your items online. You’ll also be able to track your items online during the sale to see what has sold.
- Shop Early: Consignors get to shop early, before the public.
- Earn 60%: All consignors who tag and prep their items will receive 60% of their sales.
- Earn 65%: Consignors who prep and tag their items and also volunteer for one shift will receive 65% of their sales.
- Earn 70%: Consignors who prep and tag their items and also volunteer for twp\o or more shifts will receive 70% of their sales.
- An $8.50 consignor fee is due at registration. Checks will be mailed to consignors within 10 days of the sale.
- Shop Early: All consignors get to shop early, before the sale opens to the public.
What to sell
Polka Tot will accept just about any gently used (or new) items for infants, children, or pre-teens. This includes, but is not limited to, clothes, shoes, toys, bedding, gear, books, games, sports equipment, bicycles, furniture, feeding items, carriers, strollers, high chairs… Maternity clothes in good condition are also accepted.
Polka Tot will not accept items that are broken, stained, ripped, dirty or smell of smoke or mildew. We cannot accept items that have been recalled unless the recall has been fixed. Expired carseats and carseats that have been in an accident are not accepted. Formula and food items are not accepted.
All items must be clean and in good working condition. If you wouldn’t buy the item, don’t sell it. If an item requires batteries, they must be installed so shoppers can test the item.
How to Price your Items
You are welcome to price your items as you see fit, however at consignment sales items typically sell for 25-30% of retail cost.
On Sunday we offer a half-price sale day
You can choose whether or not to discount your items when you create your tags. We recommend discounting your items because we have lots of shoppers who come back on Sunday for great deals and getting some money for your items is better than getting none, right? If you choose not to discount, your items will still be available for sale on Sunday at full price.
How to Prep your Items:
- All items must be clean.
- Clothing must be hung on hangers. Outfits or clothing items being sold together should be pinned together on the same hanger. Clothing should be hung so the hanger forms a 2 shape. Wrinkled clothing does not sell as well as ironed clothing.
- Price tags must be printed from our registration site. They must print clearly with the barcode clearly visible (that’s how you’ll get paid). Pin price tags to clothing and other soft items and tape tags securely to other items.
- Make sure all pieces and parts are secured together to your items. Ziploc bags work well for multiple piece items and shoes. Plastic wrap works well to secure puzzle pieces to boards.
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Polka Tot Children’s Consignment Sale, its staff and volunteers are not responsible for any items damaged or lost during the sale.